With the crazy cliffhanger Once Upon a Time left us with after the winter finale, I’ve been thinking a lot about it. Without giving too much away for those who haven’t watched, someone very important and very near to our hearts dies, and the complete course of the story changes as drastic situations arise.
It got me thinking of another show who’s season three finale brought around the same results.
Has anyone else realized that Once Upon a Time is almost exactly the same as Lost? Both are great shows, but one seems to have taken a lot from the other. In fact, almost every major plot point in Once Upon a Time has a parallel plot point in Lost.
With out going through both of the series, bit by bit, I’m going to prove to you that Lost and Once Upon a Time are the same exact show.
Here’s a list of fifteen things both these shows have:
(There are some massive spoilers for both Once Upon a Time and Lost).
1. A place where all the characters are stuck indefinitely.
2. Flashbacks to past lives that give us more insight about the characters.
3. A child who seems to have some special importance to the fate of all the characters.
5. A fail-safe at the center of the show’s setting that drastically changes the course of things.
6. A conniving mastermind who has organized a group of inhabitants on an island and conned them into thinking he’s their fearless leader.
7. That same conniving mastermind kidnapping a child.
8. That same conniving mastermind having a death sentence and tricking an innocent character into saving his life.
9. Characters who live forever.
(See Peter Pan above.)
10. An evil character that tricks everyone by going into a good character’s body.
(See Peter Pan above – really killing several birds with one Peter Pan.”
11. A lot of characters with daddy issues.
12. A dude with eyeliner.
13. Character’s memories doing funky things when they go beyond the barrier of the place they are trapped.
14. A character that struggles with being a coward and whose death is a form of sacrificial redemption at the end of season three.
15. Emilie de Ravin is in love with both of the characters above.